Thursday 17 June 2010

member three

this is my first attempt at an entry on the click and drag blog. I am member 3. My poker strtd about a year bak in house games progressing to a regular live setup and recently i have ventured into the online world. I have played mostly at stars and a modest 5-10 up to 10-25 for most of my time but had recently began to get some momentum together with a 10 roll and managed to get to 200. I began to venture towards the 50-1 limits and a combination of poor bankroll management, experimentation with the bluffing aspect of the game conspired to all but destroy my roll, a swift tilt over the next week saw it off tho. At this point i realised ther needed to be a change and that ther had to be easier learning curves than that which required me to blow my roll.
I have began reading and some of the discoveries are invaluable and along with the advice of the squad i moved to tilt ( i shall b moving bak quite quikly) a succesion of 4 three outers in 10 minutes sent me realing into the realms of tilt and with a minute bankroll i decided to cut my visit short.
However all was not lost i took special care with a succesion of live cash games over the next week and managed to get some chunks that will swiftly be deposited. I also played a $25 live tourney and managed to cash for 3rd which was not massive but a nice payout, the payout structure was very top heavy and a grind for second wud hav been worthwhile but unfortunately not possible as at the time noone at the table had more than ten bb (it was a tight night i can assure u).
Not to dismiss the online world with my rencent success live, but i think it definitly has taught me the value of concentration, patience and grind. Perhaps i shud lay off multitabling for a while and reduce my online shifts in an effort to avoid the tilt that has been so readily available, that coupled with some more revision should hopefully have my next deposit and blog singing a happier tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment